While boating and watercraft activities are an big part of the summer experience in New York, experience, they also bring with them a unique set of risks. When these risks are ignored, innocent fun can turn dangerous or even deadly.
Types of boat and watercraft accidents include:
- Collisions with other vessels
- Accidents during water sport activities
- Passengers falling overboard
- Capsizing watercrafts
- Onboard explosion or fires
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
Boating and watercraft accidents can be caused by countless factors, such as:
- Operator inexperience
- Reckless or careless piloting
- Piloting while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Dangerous behavior by a skier or passenger
- Equipment failure
- Improper boarding or disembarking procedures
- Failure to have proper safety equipment on board such as life jackets, distress-alerting and position-indicating technologies
- Operating in bad weather conditions
- Overloading vessels with passengers or excess cargo
Boat and watercraft accident cases are particularly challenging because they involve local, state and federal rules and regulations which require knowledge of admiralty and maritime laws that apply to each case.
ARDITO LAW FIRM, P.C. has the experience to get you the maximum compensation for injuries, payment for medical bills and help you deal with the other financial and emotional hardships caused by boating and watercraft accidents.
In addition to our skill as boating accident attorneys, ARDITO LAW FIRM, P.C. also works with highly qualified experts who can give testimony that relates to your accident when necessary. A lawyer’s job is to present evidence, but great lawyers finds great evidence, long before the trial ever starts. We’ll leave no stone unturned in order to get you what you deserve. Many times, when faced with superior evidence, the other side is forced to see that they are fighting a battle that they cannot win and offer substantial settlements long before the trial ever begins!
Whether these accidents happen on ferry boats, yachts, fishing vessels, powerboats, water taxis, jet skis, canoes or even inflatable boats, it is essential that you contact ARDITO LAW FIRM, P.C. as soon as possible so that we can protect your rights and you can focus on your recovery.
Let us start working for you. There is no fee or obligation unless we are able to get a recovery for you or your loved one.
Calls are answered 24/7. Help is a phone call away.