Millions of commuters depend on buses, trains and subways every day to navigate about their busy lives. Unfortunately, thousands of commuter injuries occur each year due to the negligence of those who operate and maintain these systems. This can happen due to:
- Train derailment
- Commuters struck by the train
- Falling from the platform
- Faulty turnstiles
- Malfunctioning train and bus doors
- Slip and fall injuries while departing, boarding, or elsewhere in the station
- Assault due to negligent security practices
- While waiting at a bus stop or when crossing in front of a bus
- Falling into gaps between the train and the platform
- Fires and Explosions
Raymond Ardito, Esq. has been handling bus, railroad and subway cases for more than a decade and has the experience to deal with the complex legal issues they present.
Don’t Wait! Government and municipal agencies such as The New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA), the Metropolitan Transit Authority/Long Island Rail Road (MTA) and the local government outside of New York City are often responsible for these commuter systems. Therefore, generally speaking, a written notice of claim must be filed within 90 days from the date of the accident. The failure to file this document can be fatal to an otherwise valid claim. It is therefore essential that you contact ARDITO LAW FIRM, P.C. as soon as possible following a bus, railroad or subway accident so that we can protect your rights and you can focus on your recovery.
Let us start working for you. There is no fee or obligation unless we are able to get a recovery for you or your loved one.
Calls are answered 24/7. Help is a phone call away.